Saturday, June 15, 2013

Celebration Time!

It's anniversary week!

In the 9th of June, 9 years ago (9 YEARS AGO?! Seriously?!), we met by accident along the street and walked together under a warm summer sky, chatting and laughing. We kept going back and forth from my house to your house (luckily we lived 3 blocks apart, ah!) until dawn arrived and I finally went up to my apartment, feeling exhausted, happy and a little bit sad.
That night we didn't exchanged phone numbers, we didn't tell each other "let's meet again". That night we didn't kiss, we didn't even hug... But that night is when it started, and we both felt it.
(The next day you found my phone number on the white pages... I suppose walking each other back and forth in front of our houses helped a little with the research... and invited me to see a terrible movie, but that's another story!)

On the 11th of June, 6 years ago, we got married in our city council. I was too nervous, I don't remember the ceremony, but I do remember the party. We celebrated with a picnic in the park, our friends brought guitars and music, my dad pulled out from the canteen a flask of his home-made red Barbera wine, your family baked a dozen of cakes shaped like harts... and we danced barefoot in the grass.
It definitely wasn't the Italian"traditional wedding celebration"... but still, I wouldn't change a thing :)



And I love  that, to celebrate our anniversary, this weekend we will go dancing barefoot in the grass again.
May we keep dancing, mì amor!


No comments:

Post a Comment